Last week, our Friday Five focused on our accomplishments during the 2014-2015 school year. This week, we’re looking ahead to our returning programs, and those we plan to launch.
1. WELL-Rounded: Our weekly program focusing on developing strong life skills gets a reboot this fall. Each Wednesday from 3-4pm, students will participate in activities and discussions relating to the monthly theme. September’s theme is “Who Am I/Fresh Air”, where we’ll focus on learning more about ourselves. We’ll set goals for the school year and return to those as the year progresses.
2. WELL Service Warriors: Ever wanted to do community service, but didn’t know where to turn? That’s exactly what WELL Service Warriors is for. Each month, students have an opportunity to earn community service hours by completing projects for local non-profits. Our September non-profit is A Note in the Pocket.
3. Hi-Tech Teens is back and bigger than ever! We have 2 fall sessions planned, and 3 opportunities during the week to explore computer science. Not only do we have the same Thursday and Saturday days like last year, but we’ve added a co-ed class on Tuesdays!
4. Kaplan Practice Tests: In addition to our boot camp partnership with Raleigh Tutoring, the WELL is proud to partner with Kaplan to offer free practice tests to students taking the PSAT and SAT.
5. Teen Talk: A new endeavor for the WELL, Teen Talk is a weekly, facilitated discussion for teens led by partners from InterAct and NCSU. Students have an opportunity to talk about the things occurring in their lives, focusing on healthy relationships, social and emotional health, communication skills, and more!
These are just a few of our incredible offerings for this school year! Sign up for our e-newsletter for the most up to date information.